Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Post # 16


Carrie Mae Weems was a very great person. I found a lot of her artworks very inspiring. One of her artworks I chose to discuss that I felt mainly related to me, was the faded Black African American women from New York. I feel this particular piece of work compared to me the most because I normally portray this attitude. To expand my point of view, to me this image displays an African American woman who feels good about herself. This relates to me because no matter what others think I have this mindset each and everyday. Another reason this image relates to me is because she is standing like a model, and I model during my free time. The final reason why I chose this portrait was because she is an African American woman and i found this image very interesting. As stated before, this image of the faded woman related to me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment